Saturday, March 14, 2015

[Challenge] Day #9

Today prompt is MISFORTUNE/DRAMA.
Without further ado, here is the prompt.
Location: You are at a fast food restaurant for lunch
Complication: Someone manages to disgrace your reputation as a lawyer
Emotions: The stress is causing a severe anxiety
Detail/twist: You find comfort in playing/listening music

This is my idea for the story:

Title: A Lovely Melody
             I huffed and sighed for an umpteenth time today. My French fries and burgers still left in my table. My mood today is really bad. I hate the entire events that happen from the early morning. First, my alarm goes off and I wake up late. Second, the shower is broken so I must bath with cold water in this cold atmosphere. Third, someone spill coffee when I take a walk then a child bumped me when I was walking. Fourth, I was late for the meeting and my client yelled at me. Lastly, I was happen to listen the conversation between my subordinates about how incompetent me as a lawyer. That sentence really makes my heart boiled. Whoever said that things must be jealous and pathetic? I bet they don’t have a skill like me. I never failure as a lawyer and my client always win the case. How can they asked my competency when I did the best in every case?  I laughed and smirked. “They must be jealous. Pathetic fool.”
             I sipped my cola and look to the window. “Urgh, I hate how that words affect me. I feel like a fool to think that they like me. Who know they always talk about me behind my back? I feel really stupid with this.” I put down my cola really hard—a liquid wet the table—and I ignore the messed. “How can they do that to me? I always did my best yet they think lowly about me?
            “She becomes success because her father has the connection to the judge and juror.”
            “She can become lawyer because her good looking not a competence.”
            “If I was her, I would become a good lawyer too. I have a family who can help me solve the problem and give me warn about the case.”
            “Yeah, I agree with you. She just lucky to has born in that family.”
            “She can’t become like this if she is like us.”
             All of those bad sentences swirl around inside my head. I have nausea when remember their face when they talk to me. How can they fake those face after they bad mouthing behind my back.
“Urgh, I think my head will explode.” I sighed and thumped my head to the table. “I really hate this feeling,” I mumbled with soft voice. “I just want a peaceful and calm life. Is that so wrong with that wish? Is that really difficult to have that life?”
             I quietly sipped my cola and eat the fries. I chew slowly while think the life ahead me. I thought to resign from this job. It is too stressful and hard to become a lawyer. “Lord, God, Allah, Deity, or whoever rules this place. Please, give me sign. What must I do in this life?”
             I turn around my head and look to road. It is already night and really dark. I closed my eyes for a while and think hard. My head, heart, and body still really hot and boiled with anger, pent-up emotion, and all of negative feeling when suddenly I feel something cooling me down. I blinked my eyes then sharpened my hearing. I can hear a soft voice and melody behind. I let the melody calm me down and without realize my anger disappear slowly. “How odd? What is really happen?” 
~^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*~
It's really a best feeling to do something we love. 
For me, it is writing that I love so much



I DID THIS. ALREADY NINE DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment